French rabbit cream
Fat must be added to the fine rabbit meat, since the animal is naturally skinny. The spread, that you won't eat right away, can be filled in glasses or earthenware pots, Seal with parchment paper or cling film and up to 2 Store in the refrigerator for weeks. The spread, for example 1 Take out hour before serving.
ingredients for 20 people:
1 junges küchenfertiges Kaninchen (about 1200 g)
1 kg frischer fetter Schweinebauch ohne Schwarte und Knorpel
1 Bay leaf
½ l dry white wine,
1 large onion (about 160 g)
4 Garlic cloves
1 Sprig of fresh thyme, alternatively ½ teaspoon. dried thyme
1 small parsley root (about 70 g)
1 carrot (about 80 g)
black pepper, freshly ground
4 kleine Gewürzgurken
Takes some time
Per serving about:
1100 kJ / 260 kcal
15 g protein 21 g of fat
2 g of carbohydrates
Preparation time: about 3½ hours
1. Das Kaninchen in 10 Disassemble pieces and rinse with cold water. Rinse the pork with cold water and cut into large cubes.
2. Das Kaninchen und das Schweinefleisch mit dem Lorbeerblatt und den Gewürznelken in einen großen schweren Topf mit dickem Boden geben. Pour in the white wine and as much water, that the meat is well covered. Bring slowly to a boil.
3. Die Zwiebel und den Knoblauch grob zerkleinern und hinzufügen. Wash the sprig of thyme. Clean the parsley root and the carrot, wash and peel thinly. The thyme, Add the parsley root and the carrot to the meat. Season with salt and pepper vigorously.
4. Das Fleisch bei schwacher Hitze zugedeckt unter gelegentlichem Umrühren etwa 3 Let simmer for hours, until it is very soft and crumbles. Then take it off the stove and let it cool down a bit.
5. Detach the rabbit meat from the bones and finely chop it with two forks. Spin the pork through the meat grinder.
6. Pour the broth through a large sieve into a bowl. Gently squeeze out the spices and vegetables, then throw away.
7. Das Kaninchen und Schweinefleisch mit der Fleischbrühe mischen, season with pepper and salt and let cool down. Stir occasionally and mix in the rising fat.
8. Cut the length of the pickles several times and pull them apart to form fans. Serve the rabbit cream garnished with the cucumber fans. It goes well with strong country bread. A dry white wine goes well with this.