Fish spread from Portugal
The original recipe calls for watered stockfish. We have stockfish (dried cod) difficult to obtain. But the spread tastes much better with fresh cod.
Zuloten for 4 people:
250 g cod fillets
about ¼ l of fish stock (alternatively ¼ l of water with 2 Eßl. White wine vinegar, 5 black peppercorns and 2 Bay leaves)
1 Bunch of dill
1 Eßl. Lemon juice
2 Eßl. Sour cream
1 Cayennepfeffer plug
White pepper, freshly ground
½ On the road. noble sweet paprika powder
Per serving about:
400 kJ / 95 kcal
11 g protein 5 g of fat
1 g of carbohydrates
Preparation time: about 30 Minutes
1. Rinse the Kobeljauf fillets with cold water and remove the bones with tweezers if necessary.
2. Bring the fish stock or the water with the spices to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the cod and cook over low heat for about 5 Cook for minutes, until it disintegrates into leaves on contact with a fork. Remove the fish fillets from the fish stock, Drain and let cool.
3. Wash the dill, Pan dry and remove coarse stems. Finely chop about two thirds of the dill, put the remaining bunches aside for garnish.
4. Puree the cod fillets in a blender or chop them very finely. Then in a bowl with the lemon juice, Mix the dill and the creme fraiche. The spread with the cayenne pepper, Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Dust the fish spread with the paprika powder and serve garnished with the remaining dill bunches. It goes well with toast or white bread.