Avocado spread from Mexico
Guacamole is the name of the savory spread in its homeland. The name comes from the Nahua language, an Indian people in the highlands of Mexico. It is a contraction of Ahuacatl (Avocado) and Molli (mixture).
ingredients for 4 people:
1 voltreife Tomatoes (about 120 g)
1 fresh green pepper
1 small onion (about 50 g)
1 clove of garlic
2 Eßl. Cornflour
1 bunch parsley
2 ripe avocados
1 Eßl. Zilronensaft
black pepper, freshly ground
Per serving about:
1400 kJ/ 330 kcal
3 g protein 34 g of fat
4 g of carbohydrates
Preparation time: about 30 Minutes
1. Die Tomate mit kochendem Wasser überbrühen, let it steep briefly, put off cold, skin and cut in half. Remove the stem and seeds from the tomato halves and cut into very small cubes.
2. Halve the pepper lengthways, remove the stem and the stones, wash and cut into small cubes.
3. Finely chop the onion and the clove of garlic.
4. Heat the corn oil in a pan, Fry the onion and garlic pieces until translucent. Then let it cool down.
5. Wash the parsley, pan dry, free from the coarse stems and squat finely.
6. Die Avocados halbieren und von den Steinen befreien. Remove the pulp from the skin, Mash finely with a fork and drizzle with the lemon juice.
7. Das Avocadomus in einer Schüssel mit den Tomaten- Mix together diced peppercorns. Add the fried onion and garlic pieces and the chopped parsley,
8. Season the avocado spread with salt and pepper and serve immediately. It goes well with toast or baguette.
The avocado spread also tastes very good with herbs and cream cheese. In this case, leave out the tomato and pepper.
There are numerous suggestions, how to prevent avocados from discolouring, such as by drizzling with lemon juice, Cover with cling film or leave stones in the spread until serving. All of them have failed. In my opinion there are only two options: Either you prepare the spread just before serving, or you won't let the gray color bother you.